meet the muse. rosa crespo.
By Kelsey Norris
1. must-haves. which worn. pieces are currently your top favorites?
saks pott leather long coats, bottega or prada boots and a chanel vintage bag.
2. pre-loved fashion. why is it important to you?
i've been buying vintage pieces since i was a teenager. you find things that are unique with sentimental value and i like to invest in the long term too. i really love contributing to bettering the environment and sustainability movement. and to be perfectly honest - the real reason is that when i buy pre-loved, those are the pieces that end up being some of my favorites in my closet! you rarely find the same one in the same place, so it’s basically shopping one-of-a-kind.
3. role models. who are the brands or individuals pioneering the movement towards more sustainable futures that are inspiring you lately?
my friend marina testino, who is a ARTivist, and whom i have done collaborations in the past raising awareness for the environment in a fashion/ artsy way has definitely inspired me the past few years. brands like my friend xenia and carmela ‘attire the studio’ an influencer and a fashion designer that merge on a trip towards high sustainable fashion.
4. changing more than outfits. how are you applying eco-friendly awareness into your lifestyle?
definitely! i try not to buy polyester for instance, one of the less biodegradable fabrics that there is. as well as bringing around with me a bottle of water where I can refill it wherever i go, i even changed my shampoo to a sustainable and organic one where the bottling comes from recycled plastic.
5. we love your fashion sense. what style advice can you give to our worn. readers interested in buying better?
stay true to yourself. find your own style. do not fall into the fast fashion trends, unless you really think this is something that you could see yourself wearing for a long time. in movies, books, art... my favourite girls will be kate moss and sienna miller. my forever muses.