Job Opening - CTO
worn. is a resale platform that uses curation and experience to empower a circular retail economy. Our goal is to become the home of resale fashion, in order to support a more sustainable retail world.
To help achieve this we are looking to develop our digital offering to include not only traditional ecommerce, but mobile-first peer-to-peer selling / communication, and affiliate marketplaces on both web and mobile.
We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO with a history in the ecommerce sector. The CTO will be tasked with defining digital strategy for the company, making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs.
You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in technological development.
You will work directly under the Founders/CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.CTO Responsibilities:
- Setting a vision & roadmap for how technology will be used in the company.
- Leading & executing said vision
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements.
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of digital projects to market.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- MBA preferred.
- 8 years working in a technological role.
- 5 years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Be a trailblazer, helping to define a new approach to ecommerce
- Define the digital path for an exciting emerging start up with big dreams
- Fun & flexible work environment
- Company equity
If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV, a cover letter and any associated documents you think may be useful when reviewing your application.